Monday, August 11, 2008

I am running a marathon

Earlier this year I set a goal to run a marathon in 2008. When I tried to find a marathon to run I did not have much luck. All the marathons I found were either on a Sunday or in August in Nevada in 110 degree heat. I put in to run the St. George marathon but I was not picked in their lottery. I had essentially given up and resigned myself to waiting until January 2009 to run the "Running from an Angel" marathon at Lake Mead. Then I got an email about the Valley of Fire marathon that will take place November 22, 2008. It is a Saturday and should be held in prime running temperature. I signed up and have started a formal marathon training program I found online through Runner's Magazine.

I cannot believe I have come this far. I do not mean to toot my own horn, but DANG!!! I AM GOING TO RUN A MARATHON IN THREE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!! Two years ago I was 300+ pounds and would not run even if a dog was chasing me!! It just goes to show that nothing, and that really means NOTHING, is beyond your abilities if you apply yourself.

No comments: