Saturday, February 7, 2009

Home Depot

The first Saturday of each month Home Depot has a workshop for kids to put together wooden projects. HD provides (free of charge) the kits, tools, glue, paint, and everything needed to make tool boxes, small planters, picture frames, and all other kinds of things.

I took my daughters down this morning and they made jewelry boxes. The kits were pretty cool, and very easy to assemble. They had to adhere a velour to the inside parts of the frame, and then glue the sides together. My oldest decided she did not need a jewelry box and put a bird house together instead. I bought paint for my angels to decorate their boxes once the glue dries.

It was a really fun experience I would highly recommend to anyone with children. Contact your local store and find out when they hold the workshops. They are definitely worth it.

1 comment:

TM CLAN said...

What a great idea. What a great dad!